Appealing Your Value To The County
You may request a formal review by the County Assessor by completing a County Board of Appeal and Equalization form. Contact 731-855-7634 to obtain a form.
If you disagree with the Assessor's findings, you may appear before the County Board of Appeal and Equalization in person, through a letter, or through an authorized representative.
The 2021 County Board of Appeal and Equalization will meet at the Gibson County Courthouse.
- The board meets annually on the first monday in June.
- Appointment times will be scheduled from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- You must call 731-855-7634 in advance to be scheduled on the agenda.
- All appearances are by appointment only.
- You will be notified by mail of the board's findings.
Appealing Your Value To The Sate
If you are not happy with the decision made by the property assessor and the Local Board of Appeal and Equalization, then you can appeal to the State Board of Appeal and Equalization. Follow the link below to learn about how to file an appeal to the State Board of Appeal and Equalization.